Daily Hadith Day 24: Praying at Night (Taraweeh) 24th Ramadan 1430 (14th September 2009)

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri (Radi-Allahu 'anhum):

Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) used to practice Itikaf (in
the mosque) in the middle third of Ramadan and after passing the twenty
nights he used to go back to his house on the 21st, and the people who were
in Itikaf with him also used to go back to their houses. Once in Ramadan,
in which he practiced Itikaf, he established the night prayers at the night
in which he used to return home, and then he addressed the people and
ordered them whatever Allah wished him to order and said, "I used to
practice Itikaf for these ten days (i.e. the middle 3rd but now I intend to
stay in Itikaf for the last ten days (of the month); so whoever was in
Itikaf with me should stay at his place of seclusion. I have verily been
shown (the date of) this Night (of Qadr) but I have forgotten it. So search
for it in the odd nights of the last ten days (of this month). I also saw
myself (in the dream) prostrating in mud and water." On the night of the
21st, the sky was covered with clouds and it rained, and the rain-water
started leaking through the roof of the mosque at the praying place of the
Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam). I saw with my own eyes the Prophet
(Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) at the completion of the morning prayer
leaving with his face covered with mud and water.

Bukhari Vol. 3 : No. 235




Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails